Get Your Whipped Cream Fix- The McDonald’s Way!
If you’re in Australia and are a fan of McDonald’s, chances are you’ve already tried their famous whipped cream topped desserts like the McFlurry and hot chocolate. But have you ever wondered how they make their whipped cream so creamy and frothy?
In this article, we explore everything about whipped cream the McDonald’s way so you can get the perfect fix from the comfort of your own home. We’ll cover everything from the ingredients to the recipes and more.
The Ingredients That Go into McDonald’s Whipped Cream
The first step in recreating McDonald’s whipped cream is understanding the ingredients that go into it. The ingredients are simple and easy to find, which makes it possible to recreate the same taste and texture.
The ingredients are:
- Heavy cream (35% fat cream)
- Vanilla syrup (sugar syrup with added vanilla)
These two simple ingredients are what give McDonald’s whipped cream its famous flavor and texture. To recreate it, you need to find the right proportions and techniques.
The Recipe for Making McDonald’s Whipped Cream
Now that you know the ingredients, let’s get into the recipe.
There are two ways you can make whipped cream – by hand or using a whipped cream dispenser. We’ll discuss both methods so you can choose which one works best for you.
Hand Whipping Method
This method is best suited for making small batches of whipped cream. Here’s how to do it:
- Start by chilling your heavy cream in the refrigerator for at least two hours. You can also put your bowl and whisk in the fridge to keep them cold.
- Pour the heavy cream into a bowl and whisk it using a hand whisk. You can also use a hand mixer to speed up the process.
- Slowly pour in the vanilla syrup while whisking the cream until it forms soft peaks. Be careful not to over-whisk it, as it can turn lumpy.
- Your whipped cream is now ready! You can store it in the fridge for later use.
Whipped Cream Dispenser Method
This method is quicker than the hand-whipping method and produces a smoother and creamier texture. Here’s how to do it:
- Add the heavy cream to your whipped cream dispenser, stir in the vanilla syrup, and screw on the lid.
- Attach a N2O (nitrous oxide) charger to the dispenser’s nozzle and shake it vigorously. The N2O will dissolve in the cream, adding pressure and creating tiny bubbles for a fluffy texture.
- Your whipped cream is now ready to be dispensed onto your favorite desserts. You can store it in the dispenser for up to 10 days.
Why Using a Whipped Cream Dispenser Can Be Better
As you can see, using a whipped cream dispenser can speed up the process of making whipped cream and produce a smoother and creamier texture. Here are a few other reasons why using a whipped cream dispenser might be the better option:
- It’s easier to get the right texture with a whipped cream dispenser as it regulates the pressure and proportions.
- You can easily control the amount of whipped cream you need by just dispensing what you need, which means there’s less wastage.
- It’s also a more hygienic option as the whipped cream stays fresh in the container for up to 10 days without contamination.
Where to Buy Whipped Cream Chargers and Whipped Cream Dispensers
If you want to start making whipped cream like a pro, you’ll need to invest in a whipped cream dispenser and some N2O (nitrous oxide) chargers. Here are some places you can buy them:
- Online: You can find whipped cream chargers and dispensers on websites like Amazon, eBay, and whippedcreamchargers.com.au. These websites offer a range of options and deals that can save you money.
- Physical Stores: Some specialty kitchen equipment stores and department stores like Coles or Woolworths may have whipped cream chargers and dispensers available in-store.
Q: Can I substitute heavy cream with light cream or half-and-half?
A: No, heavy cream provides a thick and rich texture that is necessary for making whipped cream. If you use light cream or half-and-half, you won’t get the same results.
Q: Can I use different flavors instead of vanilla syrup?
A: Absolutely! You can add different syrups and flavors like chocolate, caramel, or even fruit puree to create your own unique whipped cream.
Q: Is it safe to use nitrous oxide (N2O) chargers in a whipped cream dispenser?
A: Yes, N2O chargers are safe to use in a whipped cream dispenser and are made specifically for this purpose. However, be sure to read the instructions that come with them and follow them carefully.
Whether you’re making whipped cream by hand or using a whipped cream dispenser, knowing the right techniques and proportions is key to recreating McDonald’s famous whipped cream. Remember to use heavy cream and vanilla syrup to get the traditional flavor and follow the instructions carefully to get the perfect texture.
Investing in a whipped cream dispenser and N2O chargers can help you make whipped cream like a pro and is a worthwhile investment for any dessert lover.